Authorised dealerships in Jaipur and Delhi are accepting bookings for Rs 4 lakh
Volvo is all set to launch its most affordable SUV, the XC40, in India. The unofficial bookings for the Swedish SUV are already underway. Authorised Volvo dealers in Jaipur and Delhi have started accepting pre-launch bookings for a refundable amount of Rs 4 lakh. If the dealerships are to be believed, the XC40 will be launched in the first week of July.
Though all details of the XC40 are yet to be revealed, Volvo has already confirmed a fair bit about the upcoming SUV.
- The XC40 will be available in three variants in India: Momentum (diesel), Inscription (diesel) and R-Design (petrol). However, we expect Volvo to offer the R-Design variant first
- The XC40 R-Design will be powered by a T5 petrol engine that makes 250PS of maximum power and 350Nm of torque
- On the other hand, the diesel-powered XC40 will get a D4 engine that makes 190PS of maximum power and 400Nm of peak torque
- Power from both the engines will be sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission
- Apart from the D4 diesel engine, Volvo has hinted that it could also launch an FWD version of the XC40, which will be powered by a smaller D3 engine sourced from the V40 series
- Like the larger XC60, the XC40 will also be equipped with all sorts of driver assistance features such as Volvo Cars’ Pilot Assist system (slow semi-autonomous drive), Run-Off-Road protection and mitigation, road sign information, lane keeping aid, cross traffic alert with brake support and rear collision warning
- It will also get the City Safety feature, which detects vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists and large animals and helps avoid a collision up to speeds of 60kmph through autonomous braking
Read more about its design and features here: Volvo To Launch XC40 Compact SUV In India By Mid-2018
We expect the XC40 to be priced around Rs 40 lakh (ex-showroom India). When launched, it will take on the likes of other premium entry-level SUVs such as the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
Before the launch of the XC40, Volvo has opened its National Parts Warehouse in Bhiwandi. A central warehouse will allow Volvo to reduce the time required to make spare parts available across its service channel.
Further Research on Volvo XC40
You might also be interested in
Fully Electric Polestar 2 Sedan Showcased At Geneva
2019 Volvo XC90 Revealed; India Launch Later This Year
Volvo XC40 vs BMW X1: Real World Performance Comparison