The limited-run Rapid Rider is available only with a 1.6-litre petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox
- It costs Rs 1 lakh less than the base-spec Active variant, which is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh.
- It gets basic safety features like dual front airbags,ABS and rear parking sensors.
- It is available in two colour options - Candy White and Carbon Steel.
- ‘Rider’ nameplate was first introduced in India in the first-gen Octavia.
The Rapid Rider is only available with a petrol engine. It is the same 1.6-litre petrol unit that also powers other variants of the Rapid. It makes 105PS of power and 153Nm of peak torque. The Rapid Rider will only be sold with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Other variants of the Rapid get a 6-speed automatic gearbox as well. Unlike the Rapid Rider, other variants of the Rapid also get a diesel engine. The Rapid diesel is priced from Rs 9.49 lakh to Rs 13.99 lakh (ex-showroom pan-India).
As far as features are concerned, the Rapid Rider gets basic safety features like dual front airbags, ABS and rear parking sensors. To set the Rider edition apart from the standard sedan, the limited-run model gets black treatment on the grille, B-pillar, black decals on side and a black trunk lip garnish. On the inside, it features dual-tone ebony sand interior with ivory upholstery and scuff plates with ‘RAPID’ inscription.
To know more about the Rapid Rider, check out the official press release here.
ŠKODA AUTO India introduces the limited edition RAPID RIDER at INR 6.99 lacs
- Equipped with the 1.6 litre MPI petrol engine, the RIDER is available in Candy White and Carbon Steel
- Black design elements underline the assertive and dynamic appearance of the ŠKODA RAPID RIDER
- The exteriors are accentuated by the black facade of the ŠKODA signature grille, black side foils, glossy black décor on the B pillars, and black trunk lip garnish
- Plush dual-tone ebony sand interiors, with ivory slate upholstery, scuff plates with RAPID inscription
- Uncompromised safety and security with dual airbags, anti-lock braking system, engine immobilizer with floating code system, rough road package, and Parktronic rear parking sensors
Mumbai, 16 July 2019: ŠKODA AUTO India unveiled the RIDER, a limited edition of its much celebrated vehicle: the RAPID, at an introductory ex-showroom price of INR 6.99 lacs nationwide taking forward the ‘One Nation, One Price’ philosophy. The new ŠKODA AUTO offering exhibits a perfect blend of the brand’s timeless design ideals, unbending performance, superior build quality, and enhanced safety and security. The RAPID RIDER will be available in two colour options, Candy White and Carbon Steel, across all authorized ŠKODA AUTO dealership facilities in the country.
Commenting on the introduction of the new ŠKODA RAPID RIDER, Zac Hollis, Director – Sales, Service and Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO India said, “The RAPID RIDER offers a compelling combination of the brand’s emotive design, exquisite interiors and class leading safety features, at a very competitive price point. It is deemed to be a best seller setting benchmark for functionality, practicality and spaciousness in its segment."
The RAPID RIDER sports a modern crystalline appearance synonymous with the brand’s signature design language and legacy. The distinctive black design elements underline the RAPID RIDER’s assertive and dynamic appearance. The black facade of the ŠKODA signature grille is perfectly complemented by black side foils, glossy black décor on the B pillars as well as black trunk lip garnish. The all new dual-tone ebony sand interior, with premium ivory slate upholstery, is a befitting combination of the Czech heritage and modern technology. The scuff plates with ‘RAPID’ inscription further add to the captivating aesthetics.
ENHANCED SAFETY AND SECURITY
At ŠKODA, safety is a priority and not an option. Which is why ŠKODA AUTO offers essential safety features like dual airbags and anti-lock braking system as standard across its product portfolio. The safety and security equipment on the RAPID RIDER includes a wide range of features, such as the Parktronic rear parking sensors, anti-glare interior rear view mirror, rear windscreen defogger with timer, height adjustable three-point seatbelts at the front, rough road package, and engine immobilizer with floating code system.
ENGINES AND TRANSMISSIONS
The 1.6 litre multi-point injection petrol engine is at the core of the RAPID RIDER. With 16 valves dual over-head camshaft, it delivers 105 PS (77kW) of power and a peak torque output of 153Nm while delivering fuel efficiency of 15.41 kmpl.
‘PEACE OF MIND’ COMES STANDARD WITH A ŠKODA
The ŠKODA Shield Plus ensures 6 years of hassle-free ownership experience and utmost 'PEACE OF MIND'. It incorporates motor insurance, 24 x 7 road side assistance, and an extended warranty. ŠKODA AUTO had previously introduced India’s first 4 year service care (4 year warranty, 4 year road side assistance, and an optional 4 year maintenance package).
ŠKODA RAPID RIDER PRICE SUMMARY:
PRICE (EX-SHOWROOM, INDIA)
1.6 MPI Petrol Engine, Manual Transmission
Read More on : Skoda Rapid on road price
Further Research on Skoda Rapid
- Posted in: Cardekho Videos, Hindi Videos, Upcoming Car Info Videos, Auto Expo Videos, Volkswagen T-Cross Videos, Skoda Vision IN Videos, Volkswagen T-Roc Videos, Skoda Rapid Videos, Skoda Karoq Videos, Tata Gravitas Videos, Mahindra Videos, Renault Videos, Haval H6 Videos
You might also be interested in
Skoda VISION IN: 5 Things You Should Know
New Skoda Vision IN Sketches Tease Exterior Of Kia Seltos Rival
Skoda, VW Likely To Reveal Kia Seltos Rivals On February 3